Dove Real Beauty - How Other People Perceive You - Vikingess Voyages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Dove Real Beauty - How Other People Perceive You

In todays society we are always faced with a huge pressure of looking good in every situation. Many people live with the fear that they don't live up to the ideal of the society, where the media constantly tell us that we need the right clothes and makeup in order to look good.

When I was a kid my mother always told me: "you don't need make-up, because you are so pretty already". Although this might just be the reflection of a mother's love for her child I still feel that this is something more women should teach their kids - to appreciate their natural beauty. Because of what my mother taught me I rarely wear makeup for my daily life, besides my formal lectures and other special events I attend. For me, this is what make-up should be for; for that special occasion when you want to go the extra mile. As anyone else I also have moments where I feel unconfident with myself and my appearance, but I try to overcome this feeling through compensating in other areas such as increasing my knowledge, through exercising and through gaining experience in other fields.

Anyway, how you perceive yourself is of course crucial to how others perceive you. You are your own worst critic, and often people perceive themselves in a way that does not reflect the beauty that others see in them. That is why I really like this video, and I hope you enjoy it too.


Author Image

About Anette
Anette came to Japan as an exchange student in 2010, met the love of her life and got stuck. From her base in Tokyo she writes about her experiences as a full-time worker in Tokyo and about her travels in Japan and abroad. She's a free-spirited adventurer who enjoys both the great outdoors and her urban lifestyle.

  • 0Disqus Comment
  • Facebook Comment

Leave your comment

Post a Comment

comments powered by Disqus

About Me

Adventures ofAnette


A modern day shield-maiden who loves to explore the unbeaten paths of the world. From her base in Tokyo, Anette takes on both rural and urban challenges, and goes by the motto "No challenge too big, no adventure too small"!
・Read more →




Recent Posts

recentposts

Random Posts

randomposts