Yonsei 3-week Intensive Korean Course: 수료! A summary - Vikingess Voyages

Friday, March 1, 2013

Yonsei 3-week Intensive Korean Course: 수료! A summary

Since I came back to Korea in the beginning of February I have been taking daily Korean classes at Yonsei University in Seoul through their 3-week intensive Korean course. Their levels range from one, which is the lowest, to eight. As I mentioned previously I had expected to get into level 3 or something since I only had studies one semester of Korean previously, but ended up in level 5 instead. The other students in my class all seemed to have a lot more experience with Korean than I did, and one of the guys had even lived in Korea for five years. So I did kinda worry that it would be very hard. Which it also was of course, but all in all I think it went pretty well too thanks to a lot of studying in the afternoons. We went through a new chapter every day, which also included two new grammar to memorize, so the progress was fairly rapid.
I have made many new friends both throughout the program at school, and also through the hostel I stayed at in Hongdae, Pencil Guesthouse. I really enjoyed my stay in Seoul, much because of the proximity to everything that Korea has to offer. Last semester I was stuck at school most of the time since my Kyunghee campus is situated far from Seoul, so I even feel that I have experienced more Korean culture during these three weeks than I did during my whole first semester here. During the three-week Korean course we also got to participate in a couple of cultural activities: the first week we learned to play the traditional Korean drum in a Samulnori-course, and the second week we learned how to prepare Korean Bulgogi. Last week all of the students went together to see a non-verbal cooking show called Nanta, which is supposed to be quite famous too. All in all I can definitely recommend taking a language course at Yonsei University. I think it is really nice to have the chance to utilize the winter holiday to learn new or improve old skills!






Other posts:
South Korea
Seoul
                                 


Hotels in South Korea

Author Image

About Anette
Anette came to Japan as an exchange student in 2010, met the love of her life and got stuck. From her base in Tokyo she writes about her experiences as a full-time worker in Tokyo and about her travels in Japan and abroad. She's a free-spirited adventurer who enjoys both the great outdoors and her urban lifestyle.

  • 0Disqus Comment
  • Facebook Comment

Leave your comment

Post a Comment

comments powered by Disqus

About Me

Adventures ofAnette


A modern day shield-maiden who loves to explore the unbeaten paths of the world. From her base in Tokyo, Anette takes on both rural and urban challenges, and goes by the motto "No challenge too big, no adventure too small"!
・Read more →




Recent Posts

recentposts

Random Posts

randomposts