Why Vivaldi is The Best Browser for Bloggers - Vikingess Voyages

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Why Vivaldi is The Best Browser for Bloggers

A little while back my friend introduced me to Vivaldi, a web browser developed by a team led by one of the founders of the browser Opera. I've been a faithful Chrome user for as long as I can remember, but I decided it was time to try out something new and give Vivaldi a chance.

In this post, I'll introduce my 2 favorite functions that I use a lot when writing blog posts, which I believe makes Vivaldi an ideal browser for bloggers The tile function and the side panel. Although the post focuses on my blogging experience I also use the browser at work to increase my job efficiency.

The Tile Function

As a blogger, I usually have to switch between a number of pages when gathering information to use in my blog post. Constantly switching between different tabs can be both time-consuming and tiring. One of the things I really liked with the Vivaldi browser was that it came with an option to view different pages in one window at the same time through the so-called "tile" function. This way I can read an article on one tile window at the same time as I write down notes on blogger. It is possible to tile a whole bunch of pages (I gave up after 12), but if you tile too many pages it'll make the various tile windows too tiny to get much out of them. Personally, I like to use 2-4 tile windows.
Above: You can tile two or more tabs together. The result is below:  
Above: Using the tiling function to see 4 pages at the same time

The tile function can also keep you entertained while doing repetitive tasks. If I, for instance, want to watch dramas online I like to have a different tile available to do different tasks on the side when there are boring parts in the drama. Vivaldi can thus help me use my time more efficiently!

The Side Panel

There's also a side panel that you can use to add a small side panel with sites you often use. Say you want to check some translations while you're writing - instead of switching back and forth between different pages you can just add Google Translate to your web panel.
Above: The side panel also comes with a Notes panel you can use to take notes while reading

The side panel also comes with some set menus, such as a bookmark tab for your most used pages,
a downloads tab where you can keep track of and access your recent downloads, and a notes panel where you can add notes while you look at other pages. Again, these functions are particularly useful if you are working with different projects at the same time and need to keep track on your work.
Above: Vivaldi focuses on creating a customizable browser where the user experience is central

These are just some of the functions I like to use and that I feel are very useful for bloggers. There are other great functions of Vivaldi that I haven't covered, such as the ability to customize the look of your browser and the fact that you can add your favorite Google Chrome Add-ons directly to Vivaldi as well.

Have you tried Vivaldi yourself? And if you have, what do you think? Feel free to let me know in the comment section below!

Thanks for reading!
Anette

Author Image

About Anette
Anette came to Japan as an exchange student in 2010, met the love of her life and got stuck. From her base in Tokyo she writes about her experiences as a full-time worker in Tokyo and about her travels in Japan and abroad. She's a free-spirited adventurer who enjoys both the great outdoors and her urban lifestyle.

  • 0Disqus Comment
  • Facebook Comment

Leave your comment

Post a Comment

comments powered by Disqus

About Me

Adventures ofAnette


A modern day shield-maiden who loves to explore the unbeaten paths of the world. From her base in Tokyo, Anette takes on both rural and urban challenges, and goes by the motto "No challenge too big, no adventure too small"!
・Read more →




Recent Posts

recentposts

Random Posts

randomposts