Korea, my new home! - Vikingess Voyages

Friday, August 17, 2012

Korea, my new home!

Today I left Japan heading for Seoul in Korea where I'll be staying as an DMDP-exchange student at Kyung Hee University for a year. Arriving in Seoul I took the airport bus into the city, and arrived at the hostel I'll be staying at the first week a couple of hours later.

So far everything has gone well, although I have to admit that the language barrier makes me a bit uncertain. When I arrived in Japan two years ago I had already had a lot of practice during my two years of studying at the University of Bergen, so I didn't really have any problems related to language as far as I can remember. Now the situation is a little bit different; although I took a course my last semester at Ritsumeikan the progress of the course was rather slow because of the Japanese students not being willing to do their homework and learn the Hangul letters like they were supposed to.. ><

Anyway, I'll be staying a week at Windroad Hostel, so I have some time to get used to the area before I move to the university dorm! I'll try to continue updating my blog on what I'm up to as well;)

All my posts about Kyung Hee
Author Image

About Anette
Anette came to Japan as an exchange student in 2010, met the love of her life and got stuck. From her base in Tokyo she writes about her experiences as a full-time worker in Tokyo and about her travels in Japan and abroad. She's a free-spirited adventurer who enjoys both the great outdoors and her urban lifestyle.

  • 0Disqus Comment
  • Facebook Comment

Leave your comment

Post a Comment

comments powered by Disqus

About Me

Adventures ofAnette


A modern day shield-maiden who loves to explore the unbeaten paths of the world. From her base in Tokyo, Anette takes on both rural and urban challenges, and goes by the motto "No challenge too big, no adventure too small"!
・Read more →




Recent Posts

recentposts

Random Posts

randomposts